A Walk through of a Walden canoe trip meal plan
A major highlight of the trip experience for many Walden campers is the food we prepare and cook over the campfire. The following is a typical “meal plan” that a cabin group may experience on a 4-day canoe trip!
- The Walden kitchen will prepare breakfast for the campers before we head on the buses and out to Algonquin Park!
- The first lunch of a Walden canoe trip is normally served where the buses drop us off and is a bagel with salami and/or cheese!
- The first dinner will be burritos! The campers and staff will all collect wood together and we will cook veggies, beans, and chicken over the fire.
- To start of our day, we will all have some oatmeal! Pro tip: open the package upside-down to make sure all the flavoring gets mixed in.
- The cabin will take a midday break for a BBQ lunch with your choice of hamburgers or hotdogs!
- During an afternoon of hard work and fun, we all enjoy a midafternoon snack consisting of gummies!
- Once we are settled into our site for the night, we will collect wood again, build a fire and boil pasta. We will then cook vegetables and add pesto in! We will also make s’mores for dessert!
- We will enjoy some pop-tarts to get our day started before we leave our campsite to have another amazing day of adventure!
- Trip pizza!!!!! Trip pizza is a favourite among all our campers and staff and consists off a tortilla, tomato sauce, cheese, and basil.
- We will have bits and bites for our snack today!
- For our last dinner, we will have another trip favorite, smartie pancakes!
Breakfast: Granola bars
- We will have granola bars before we get on the buses to head back to camp.
Lunch: Fast food
- To celebrate our success over the past few days, we will be treated to some fast food before we get back to camp!
- Dinner will be served back at Walden!