Fruit and Berry Crumble with Smarties
March 30th, 2010
- 3-4 packages of oatmeal
- Brown sugar
- Icing sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- Pam/Butter (optional)
- Fruit and Berries (we usually use berries and peaches)
- Some water
- Wash your berries and cut bigger fruit into bite sized pieces
- Place a large pan on medium-high heat
- Grease the pan with either oil, Pam, or butter and let it simmer for about a minute
- Pour your oatmeal onto the pan, slowly adding water while mixing it all together (you want to make sure you have a thick consistency)
- Add a few drops of oil to the mix and stir it in well (this will make the oatmeal crispy)
- Flatten the mix into a large pancake and press it down with a spatula.
- Sprinkle some brown sugar on top and place a lid over your pan to keep the heat in.
- After one-two minutes remove the lid and flip the ‘pancake’. Mush it around a little bit and then flatten it again.
- Coat with brown sugar and pour the fruit and all of the juices on top. Put the lid on and let it “bake” (without an oven”) with the heat on low.
- Add in the Smarties before you put the lid back on (if you want them to be melted!)
- Once the crust is crispy, the brown sugar is caramelized, the Smarties are melted, and the fruit is hot your crumble is ready to serve.
- Top each helping with icing sugar and serve (since you’re in your kitchen add a scoop of ice cream!)
Add your comment