Greek Pasta Salad (in a bag!)
May 4th, 2010
- Penne pasta
- Kraft Greek dressing (or make your own with a little olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, or whatever spices you want from your tripper’s handy spice kit!)
- Onions, red and green peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers
- Feta cheese (lots of feta!)
- Bring large pot of water to boil over fire, and cook as much pasta as you want for about 8-10 minutes. To avoid attracting animals or polluting the lake, remember to drain the water out at least 50 metres away from your campsite (or into your kitchen sink)! **Note: To avoid unpacking all the barrels and be efficient at lunchtime, we like to cook all the penne we need the night before. It’s also meant to be served cold… so remember to give your noodles time to cool off!
- Pour a little bit of your dressing over the pasta, and put it all in an official, Algonquin Park regulation (un-used!) yellow garbage bag. Place in the lake to continue cooling (or the fridge), making sure your bag is sealed tightly.
- When the pasta is fully cooled (or whenever you get hungry)… just chop up your veggies, throw them in the mix along with the feta and the rest of your dressing, shake it all up, and you’re ready to enjoy some refreshing and famous greek garbage-bag pasta salad!
Add your comment