We are eager to begin the administrative process of “rolling” into 2021.
We feel that it is the last step of closure needed before really starting the 400 day countdown to next summer.
Our goal is to gently proceed without any risk or stress for you.
So, at this time, we only have a single question for you:
With camp officially closed by the government, we will be giving you a refund in full.
Will you please allow us to direct this refund towards a family credit for 2021?
If your answer is YES, you can always change that answer to a NO at any time before March 1 without any cost or penalty.
Why say YES?
To answer this simply:
If you are sure you are not attending in 2021, you should direct us to send the refund to you.
Saying yes secures your spot at Walden for next summer and benefits you in the form of incentives, including a two year price freeze.
Perhaps most of all, saying YES, at least for now, would be an enormous help to our camp and our two families.
No matter what your answer, camp will return stronger than ever in 2021.
More details can be found below.
When you are ready to respond, please click the START button below.
While this period has been challenging for all of us, the support we’ve received from the Walden community has reinforced why we love what we do, and the important role camp plays in the lives of our campers and families. We are dedicated to ensuring that we continue to deliver the “best summer ever” in 2021 and beyond. We can’t wait to be together again.
We will be in touch all summer long… and #WeWillComeHome soon.
Sol & Jen and Howie & Sari
Please trust that we plan to handle closure in the same way we handle camp: with honesty and transparency. Here are the specific details.
Here are all the details:
We have two unexpected and massive burdens: the loss of a year’s revenue and income, and the additional costs associated with keeping the site safe while unused for a whole year – these are no small costs. These burdens are entirely ours. None of this is your responsibility. But we, the Birenbaums and Grossingers, are two families in partnership, and our small business looks like it will be shut down for a full year. We wanted you to understand why we need to ask you the following:
Please stay with us!
Please return to camp in 2021… and please leave your funds with us while you wait. Whether you do or not, we promise that we will spend all this unexpected extra time making the summer of 2021 a summer that the kids will always remember.
We hope all those registered for our June 2020 weekend will be available to join us for one of these options. This new October option takes place on what is usually the most picturesque weekend of the year. We also hope that many new families will be able to join us. What a beautiful way to close out this crazy season. A full refund is available as well. More information will be provided shortly and a link will be available here.